Fairy Knowe is a fine, Category C Listed Victorian villa of great character built around 1852 and has a wealth of original features. It is believed to be the work of the Glasgow architect, Charles Wilson, who designed a number of villas on the Clyde between 1850 and 1855. The house was built for the Bald family, well known dry salt merchants from Glasgow. A later owner was the famous pathologist William Boog Leishman (1865-1926). The current owners have lived in the house for nearly 40 years.
A steep drive leads up to the house which is built of sandstone under a sloping slate roof, on two levels, and both the exterior and interior remain largely unaltered. At the entrance to the drive are cast iron gates and castellated gate piers. There is a further drive leading from the shore road to the coach house. (FPD Savills)
Finnartmore became a nursing home then fell into decay and was demolished.